Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Stasis

Another long week ahead. I feel as though lately I've been in a standstill where my life has become psets and midterms and applications, and I've lost sight of what my endgame is--what I'm working toward. I am here and I have arrived but I don't know where I'm going.

I enjoy my classes and the stuff I'm doing outside of classes, but there just is no time to sink into things. I want time to think, to get my mind clear, to create something instead of just getting through the work. I want leeway to be inventive and not have a deadline; to explore.

It is the middle of winter quarter and I have heard that it is natural to feel like this: simultaneously stressed and restless. I have had no time to read for pleasure. Most days I get home and feel absolutely exhausted and can get no work done. I do not know how to fix it.

This is the first time this year that I have posted late. Midterms. Applications. Homework. I have nothing tonight.

This post is a null, and my mind is somewhat fried, and I would prefer to post something of greater value, but this is honesty: some days, some weeks, are just a slog. There are dry periods. It has happened before and will happen again and that's okay.

Just keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment