Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Exhaustion

The past few days have been rough. I have a lot of work to do and not a lot of time and I am starting to think I am overbooked this quarter. Winter Quarter is the most difficult, people say, and I am inclined to agree thus far. Add onto that some other personal stuff, and...well, the upside is that I have nothing for you tonight. Except:
  1. Pull the trigger. Make the leap. Always remember that even business as usual has a cost.
  2. Just because no one hires freshmen doesn't mean that career fairs can't be useful.
  3. People may or may not help you but you should ask.
  4. Pay attention to the details.
  5. You are not necessarily a failure just because you feel like one.
  6. Honesty really is the best policy.

Also:

If you feel awful, it's okay to listen to angsty or angry music. Trying to force yourself to be happy will only make you more miserable and disconnected. Your feelings are valid. Do not deny them. Do not try to hide them, from yourself or from others, because you do have people who care enough to listen. Get things out into the open and they will hurt less.

I've been listening to the entire album A Jury of Wolves (Outline in Color), but this song in particular has been helpful:


The Good in Me (acoustic) - Outline in Color
I could have saved them all but I'd rather watch every tower fall
Is something wrong with my state of mind?
Why don't I want to stop what's happening before my eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment