Friday, December 13, 2013

Rambles and Plans

Rambling post tonight, mostly about the present and future.

-

At multiple times this autumn, I've thought that I'm not allowed to be happy until all my college apps are in. While I have, thankfully, been able to take some days to breathe, I've also put on hold many things that make me happy. I shall indulge myself next semester with:
  • Sitting in on first period band and playing Disney music
  • Watching films (Sword and Shield, Sherlock Season 3)
  • Drawing character art
  • Rereading children's fantasy series (Harry Potter, Kane Chronicles)
  • Reorganizing my bookshelf to reflect me
  • Buying edibles in the afternoon (hot chocolate at the charmante tea place)

I've just got to get through the rest of the month.

-

Tomorrow is a big day: we have another all-day robotics competition and, furthermore, MIT Early Action decisions get released. I'm nervous, whenever I think about it too much I feel an urge to hide under the nearest table, and I want to punch all the well-meaning people who say "of course you'll get in" on the nose. Honestly. I'll try to keep myself under control, however.

On the bright side, I got into University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign! As a rule I view online college rankings with due suspicion, but UIUC gets consistently recognized as a top engineering school. So there is that.

-

Finals haven't been freaking me out much this year. I posted on my other blog about studying methods.

-

Listening to a lot of melancholy, quiet music lately. It is wintertime.

Take Me Somewhere Nice - Mogwai

No comments:

Post a Comment