Friday, October 12, 2012

Little Things

Even with Monday off, it's been an exhausting week. I feel as though I'm getting more and more weeks like that - an avalanche of schoolwork, my own initiatives, all piling up higher and higher...

But I'm all right. So, partly for myself and partly because others might want to know, here are some little things that get me through:
  • angry music
  • rereading old Goss posts
  • writing
  • cold tap water
  • cloudy skies
  • imagining that I am:
  • here
    or here
    or here
  • reading poems like "Thanatopsis"
  • "...When thoughts
    Of the last bitter hour come like a blight
    Over thy spirit, and sad images
    Of the stern agony, and shroud, and pall,
    And breathless darkness, and the narrow house,
    Make thee to shudder, and grow sick at heart;—
    Go forth under the open sky..."
  • writing, and writing, and writing

What little things keep you sane?

Good weekend, my friends.

2 comments:

  1. That would be watching silly tv series in English when i get back on the weekend. I would go INSANE with no eglish whatsoever for any long period of time, and silly tv series are just my cup of tea to chill out after a stressing week. And a cup of tea. And food, a lot of food. And fantasy.

    Buon fine settimana anche a te cara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, it's been a while since I sat down to watch a movie. Should do that sometime.

      Delete