Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Road Map

This summer, I feel as though I'm working my way to another person. Maybe something spectacular will happen on my sixteenth birthday. Maybe I'll discover previously-unknown skill with halberd fighting, or weather magic, or something.

My point is that I'm in a state of flux. I'll be sure to write about the process - unless I'm too busy to. Which might happen: I don't know what the reception is like in the Otherworlds.

Anyway, here's what I see happening on this blog this summer:

As I have done in the past, I'll post Tuesdays and Fridays. I've got an enormous backlog of notes/stories/poems I've never posted (in fact, I'm still in the process of typing stuff up), which will make for regular Tuesday postings for at least a couple of months.

Fridays I'll be here live, reviewing the week or blathering on or endorsing awesome books like the following:
  • The Dragons of Eden (Carl Sagan)
  • Welcome to Bordertown (ed. Ellen Kushner + Holly Black)
  • Genesis (Bernard Beckett)

Or something else.

(Incidentally, the order is reversed this week. This Friday you're treated with a short story.)

I have a lot of ideas percolating in my head, and writing about them will make them come clear. Since I've decided to think of this blog as my magician's notebook, some of these ideas may seem strange - but if you were adverse to strangeness, you probably don't want to be anywhere near this blog.

I seem to have lost my point again. Damn, what is this? Even the map is getting lost?

Yes, ma'am, or yes, sir. I am wandering in a fog with a compass pointing wherever it wants and the moss is growing all around the trees (in suspiciously-shaped characters) and it is interesting if not marvelous. Care to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment