Friday, November 11, 2011

Gleanings

Long have I searched, and I return from my travels bearing gifts.

An old post from Theodora Goss's website (I suspect I am addicted to her blog. Check it out, I encourage you) led me to the work of Lori Nix. Here is my favorite, but make sure to take a look at Nix's other work. She photographs scenes of her own construction and it is mesmerizing.

Yet another artist Goss' website led me toward is Arnold Böcklin. You all know about my love of Roman stuff, so it should be no surprise that I want to live here:
A Tavern in Ancient Rome - Arnold Böcklin
Anyone want to join me?

While wandering, I also happened upon the murals of Jessica Sansiquet, which convey depth wonderfully. You could just walk into them.

I'm usually not one for jewelry, but this necklace and these earrings are pretty beyond belief. (What am I doing looking at earrings, I don't even have my ears pierced.)

How exactly did I find this one? Probably through a fashion blog (yes, I read those). Here are five tips for staying inspired.

Another Goss post, this one from a while ago: in the third quarter of the post, there are some questions about your wants/goals to ask yourself - the post says whenever you're stalled, but I think it's a good idea to ask those questions of yourself more frequently, just to keep yourself on track.

Here's a couple of sites that I've not explored fully yet but which may be useful for research: Emerson Kent and Connexions.

--

Wow, that's a lot of links. Should I make these kinds of posts more or less frequent?

No comments:

Post a Comment