Sunday, October 2, 2011

Triumph and Defeat

...mostly the latter.

Remember how I thought I'd have my act together by today? Yeah, that's not happening.

It's been a rough month all around - I say that not as an excuse but as an explanation. I don't see things improving for a while, and I can't keep up the current posting schedule if I don't want to subject you guys to garbage or filler. And I don't. You deserve better than that.

Until further notice, I will only post on Tuesdays and Fridays.

A less frequent schedule should lead to better posts, since they'll be less rushed. I'm trying to see this as a quality v. quantity issue instead of failure. But it is difficult.  The dementors are winning, and that is unacceptable.

I'm fighting back. I just need some rest to do so.

--

After that the "triumph" seems quite paltry. But - the new header is finally done. Here's the uncropped image without words:


Roman ruins and the ocean. What else would you expect from me?

--

I have another installment of the GW experimental story coming on Tuesday, and then some book recommendations from September on Friday.

One foot in front of the other. That is the way.

2 comments:

  1. One foot in front of the other is always the best way to go :-)

    I LOVE the new header, and it fits in perfectly with the rest of the blog, well done!

    Posting twice a week is plenty, i look forward to reading more from you. Try not to let school suck the spirit out of you...there must be at least *something* worth the while at school isn't there? I genuinely hope for you there is, but if there isn't...well then, you can teach yourself and pursue your passion, you do have a talent for writing so just keep that up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose it was unreasonable to expect myself to keep up the same posting schedule I had in the summer...I'm slowly finding ways to enjoy school again.

    Thank you for your kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete