Thursday, June 2, 2011

Utopia Project

The majority of you guys (my readers, whom I adore) started following this blog some time after my last post about my finished novel-length story, Utopia Project. So I feel a recap is in order.

Utopia Project is set about 1,500 years in the future, in a world where civilization has already crashed a couple of times. In what used to be Europe, a war between the Neutsch Confederation and the Sclavon Alliance defines life for all who live in the region.

It is a familiar life, if difficult.  And for a handful of people - children, mostly - that life is about to be upturned.

An ocean away, in the capital of Appalachia, a dishonored genius named Conflagra has assembled a team to kidnap people from the six major countries of Europe.  Her purpose?  An illegal experiment that will send its test subjects across the ocean and, ultimately, to a new world far from anything they have ever known.


...was that too melodramatic?

--

Want to know more?

The World of Utopia Project, parts one and two.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, I was wondering about that.
    But it's really far too vague, not necessarily too dramatic. How can I find out more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I was working on the story proper, I posted whenever I finished a chapter. Unfortunately, those posts are also pretty vague. There are tons of characters, for which (now that I'm revising) I'm cursing myself.

    The label "Utopia Project" leads to posts that mention this story (probably by Project Utopia, its old name). Since there are lots of posts that just mention it in passing, the info is somewhat hidden...but I could write up something more detailed with regards to setting/characters.

    Would that help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, a more detailed synopsis would be neat! c:

    ReplyDelete